Friday, November 19, 2010

Kids with ridiculous names

You've heard of these names. Names that parents give their children that are so ludicrous, you not only feel sorry for the child, but also for the parent for being so stupid. I will use what I like to call the "And your kids' names are..." test (patent pending) to measure how much of a moron a person is. Here's an example:


KIDS NAME : WHAT IT SAY ABOUT YOU AS A PARENT
Matt: You're a genius. (obviously)
Sarah: Normal.
Ashley: Normal. 
Josh: Normal
Timothy: Normal. 
Ashton: Borderline. You're probably 25% moron.
Ainsley: Borderline again. Spelling could affect this one. For instance, if the spelling were changed to "Ainslee," you would be at least 50% moron.
Britley: I guess this is a combo between Brittany and Ashley. This leads me to believe that combining 2 100%  normal names equilibrates into 1 100% absurd name.
Most names ending in -aden or a derivative thereof: These seem to be fad names right now. Aiden, Braden, Caden, Jayden, Braylin... The list goes on and on. What this tells me about the parents want to be different, just like everyone else.


Proving your stupidness as a parent to me is not limited to the name chosen for a child, but could also involve the amount of names (people with more than three names (first, middle, last)) or spelling (to which I have already eluded). I think the spelling of a name is very important;however, some parent really screw up this one. It is possible to take a seemingly normal name and totally annihilate it. Examples:


Good names : Not as Good Name
Emily : Emmalee
Ashley: Ashleigh
LaDasha: La-a
C.J.: Ceejay
Landon : Landynn
Cassidy: Kassidee
Melissa: Milyssa


I think parents are setting their kids up for a lifetime of "no, it's -lynn/-eigh/etc"


Celebrities have their own unique way of being idiots. First of all, I don't know where actors and musicians got the idea that their opinion matters more than anyone else's, but that may be a topic for another post. I can only conclude that these people, although I would pay to see in a movie or to hear them perform, would never associate with them in the real world. Here are some of the best that, when I heard them, there were/are no words I can describe the degree of sorrow I felt for one person/couple being so dumb. May God have mercy on their souls.


Tu Morrow
Apple
Jermajesty
Pilot Inspektor
Moxie Crimefighter
Moon Unit
Diva Thin Muffin
Audio Science


So parents... step up to the plate and use a name you like, but don't overdo it. I get it. You want your child's name to be different, or unyque (unique), but don't be a idiot. 

No comments:

Post a Comment